Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This is Me

My name is Corwin Carlson Hurst. I was born on May 12, 1987 in Salt Lake City, Utah. My parents are Michael and Stacy Hurst. I am the third of four children, with one older brother Alan, older sister Annika, and younger brother Westley. Ever since I was a small child I have been quite interested in knowing how things work. I love to take things apart just to see how everything fits together. As a result of this fascination, I quickly learned how to put things back together, usually successfully. I also love to build pretty much anything. My most recent feats have been a cherry jewelry box for my wife and some oak shelves for my parents.

I grew up in a musical family. My mom and all four of us kids were Madrigals in high school, and my dad is now in the Utah Symphony Chorus. My grandma was even in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. At family gatherings we usually end up around a piano singing. In my family there has always been an emphasis on health. I played Lacrosse in high school, I lift weights, mountain bike, hike, and occasionally go on a run, pretty much anything to keep me outside.

In high school I also realized how much I love cars of every shape and size, especially if I get to work on them or drive them. After high school I framed houses for a year before serving an LDS mission to Guadalajara, Mexico, home of Mariachi. I now speak fluent, and almost always very Mexican, Spanish.

Upon returning and trying to figure out the English language again I got engaged to my beautiful and amazing wife Katherine. I proposed on the beach in San Diego in July of 2008, and we were married five months later on the 27 of December.

At the moment I am finishing my second year in the Construction Management program and working for a small landscape company called Pristine Landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment